So now let’s talks some details.
· Using Windows System Monitoring Tools
· The SQL Profiler and Server Trace
· Database Engine Tuning Advisor
· Management Data Warehouse / Data Collector
· Performance and Configuration Reports
· The new Activity Monitor
· Dynamic Management Views and System Views
· Query Plans
· Extended Events
· Resource Governor
In this pre-conference session you’ll cover not only the process, but also review a real-world evaluation. You’ll take home a system and a spreadsheet you can use to monitor and tune your applications, in a simple, easy-to-understand session.
WHAT ELSE IS INCLUDED
CALL FOR PRE-CON SPEAKERS
As Awesome as Buck is, there is only so much of him that can go around. So we wanted to offer 2 Pre-cons for SQL Saturday 85 this year. I’ll be blogging about this more soon but right now head over to my friend Shawn McGehee’s (Blog | @SQLShawn) post Pre-Con Speaker Wanted: Apply Within to get some more details ASAP about how you can come and be a Pre-Con Speaker as well!